Medical Supplies, Health Care Equipment, Fitness Products and more! Click Here!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

OK...It's Time To Get Serious!!!!!!!

Regarding last entry "You Must Read This" was posted because it was a perfect introduction to future posts that you will be reading. I thought the article was extremely interesting, but very, very sad. It was well written and from the heart of someone who lost a sweet and dear friend. It really touched me. I want to quote the first part again for you:


 " Every 16 minutes someone dies from their own hand. Suicide does not discriminate against age, sex, culture, religious beliefs, or economic standing. It is an "equal opportunity destroyer." It is a tragedy that need not happen."


There is no way for me to explain it better. Every 16 minutes? There is a co-worker who not long ago came to me and told me his teenage nephew went into his bedroom, put a gun to his head, "and blew his brains out." while his family was in the other room! He made a comment "what, please tell me what could be so bad in a teenager's life that he would want to die." He does not know my condition and certainly does not know that I am not a stranger to suicide. But do you want to know what really hit my gut and almost made me sick? Not the suicide, but his family in the other room heard the blast and they, no doubt, rushed into the room and saw the horrific site of what was left of their son's head! To me, it is enough to loose a child, but can you imagine how many years that image will stay in their minds, and how long it will hurt and torment them? FOREVER!


The above story came to mind as I read the next quote from the last post of the wife and mother who committed suicide:  "On the night she attempted her family was sitting around watching a movie on TV. She had a son and daughter in early adolescence and her husband. After watching the movie for a few minutes she quietly excused herself to go into the bathroom. She took as big of a handful of pills as she could get into her mouth. She came out and watched the movie for a few more minutes and then told her family what she did."


Oh, my! Her son, daughter and husband sitting there and she sat down and casually told them what she did? I wonder...did she tell them to let them know that life was finally unbearable, OR did she tell them the minute she took the pills with the hope that maybe she still had reservations and they could rush her down and save her?


HERE IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS PAGE...NEITHER YOU OR I, OR ANYONE IN THIS WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW THE ANSWER BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT DOCTORS SAY (I DON'T CARE IF THEY HAVE ENOUGH DEGREES TO LINE THEIR ENTIRE WALL FROM FLOOR TO CEILING)  NO MATTER WHAT CONCLUSION ANYONE THINKS THEY HAVE......YOU WERE NOT INSIDE HER HEAD AND THEREFORE HAVE --N O --IDEA WHAT HER FINAL THOUGHTS WERE!!!!!!


What you MUST remember is this is NOT a 'cut and dry' illness where doctors have a standard remedy waiting for you in comparison as if you had a physical illness. There are NO two people alike. They will admit (or most will) that no one single thing that they can point a finger at that caused you to have bipolar or any mental illness (except for physical head injuries), and most will also admit that there are STILL theories as to exactly what happens inside the mind that causes one to develop Bipolar. The reason is there is no cure for this illness because the best scientist in the world cannot completely explain or understand the complexity of the mind. All they have is theories. How can someone from the outside, not having this problem make a comment that medicine is bad for anyone and all they need is therapy or someone to talk to? Give me a break! 


Using me as an example, what I know for a fact is of the millions of pages written on this subject, regardless what they might tell you, they cannot, and never will even come close to foretelling me exactly what I can expect at any given moment in my life. They cannot tell me if; when; or how severe the next mood swing or major attack will be. I may be (or appear to be) as normal as the next person one minute, and my life could be over the next. If that were to be the case...so now tell me what happened or what I was thinking. See my point? 


I just had to get this out. I am NOT against doctors, I believe I have the best in the world and has, and is, helping me more than you will ever know! BUT...she will be the first to agree with the above!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are Welcome! The Author may delete or list as spam any comments with vulgar or harmful content.