Medical Supplies, Health Care Equipment, Fitness Products and more! Click Here!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

My State of Mind....

Tomorrow, I have a - much needed - doctor appointment. Over ten years of being treated, countless of combinations of medicines tried, and as my wife advised me to tell the doctor, "Tell her to wipe the slate clean, and start over." For my wife, who never said much about my moods to come out and say this, I must be worse off than even I thought.

A Quote from Night Falls Fast by Kay Jamison fits this situation:

"Acute mental illness brings pain and dangers, and there is a chronic distress that comes from living with it and dreading its return. The anguish of depression, manic - depression, schizophrenia, and other psychiatric disorders cannot be overstated. Suffering, hopelessness, agitation, and shame mix together with a painful awareness of the often irreversible damage done by the illness to friends, family, and careers. It is a lethal mix."

This pretty much sums it all up. I could not have explained it better on my own. Quotes I share are written by those who know our illness, and most importantly can put them into words where I cannot. I will write...when I can.

"My Mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are Welcome! The Author may delete or list as spam any comments with vulgar or harmful content.